Returning to Chatfield

If you have been admitted to Chatfield in the past but have not enrolled in classes for one year or more, follow the below steps to get started.

Step 1: Complete an application for admission and select “returning student.”

Step 2: Submit all college or university transcripts, if applicable

  • Chatfield requires official transcripts from all previous institutions attended in order to process your application.
  • Please contact the registrar’s office at any college or university you may have attended since leaving Chatfield and request your official transcripts be sent directly to the Office of Registrar at or mailed to Office of Registrar, 20918 St. Rt. 251, St. Martin, OH 45118
  • If you are currently attending another college, request a final transcript be sent directly to Chatfield’s Office of Registrar to determine your final admission status. Receipt of your final transcript impacts financial aid disbursement and your eligibility to register for classes.

Step 3: Fill out the FAFSA. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid is used to award grants, loans, Federal Work-Study, and certain scholarships. Chatfield’s Federal School Code is 010880.

Step 4: Meet with a financial aid counselor to create your affordability plan. We will help you review your financial aid eligibility and discuss how many credit hours works best with your budget.

Step 5: Register for classes. You will meet with an academic advisor to discuss your goals and choose classes for the semester.

Step 6: Attend new student orientation. New student orientation is an important piece of a successful start. As a returning student, you will need to attend an orientation to learn about any new processes or policies that have been implemented since you last attended. You will receive information about when orientation is offered. It is required that you attend a session.


returning (2)
Web picture template (2)